Perbedaan twilight novel dan film
Mengadaptasi sebuah novel menjadi sebuah film layar lebar memang sulit. Mustahil untuk memadatkan ratusan halaman backstory, pengembangan karakter, dan aktivitas menjadi 120 menit atau kurang. Inilah yang membuat para Fans kecewa. Padahal mereka mengharapkan sesuatu yang ingin mereka lihat sesuai berdasarkan isi buku. Tak lain sang pembuat buku pun mengakui kesulitan untuk mengadaptasikannya.
Noted differences between the original Twilight novel and the movie adaptation.
Berikut saya copy dari WEBSITE
* Stephanie Meyer was at the diner in the movie as a special appearance.
* In the book, there is no Waylan Forge, in the movie he is at the diner, and Victoria, Laurent and James kill him when he is fixing his boat. Also, Waylan was wearing a shirt that said “Kiss me, I’m Irish.”, and Victoria stole it, and actually wore it for the next scene.
* In the book, Edward mentions how ‘twilight’ is the “safest time of day for us [vampires]”. The time of actual twilight is never made significant or mentioned in the movie.
* In the book, Forks High School is a cluster of separated buildings. In the movie, it is just one typical enclosed building.
* In the movie the heroin line “Isabella Swan: So what your saying is, I’m your brand of heroin?
Edward Cullen: Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin.” is changed to “your scent, it’s like a drug to me… my own personal brand of heroin….”
* Most of the integral conversations from the book were clipped short and almost trivialized in the movie. Bella never seemed embarrassed in the movie.
* There is no Ben Cheney in the movie. There is also no Lauren Mallory.
* Mr. Banner (biology teacher) from the book has been re-named to Mr. Molina in the movie.
* In the movie, there is a golden onion.
* Edward does a trick with an apple in a cafeteria scene in the movie, representing the cover of Twilight.
* All the Cullen family members wear “the Cullen family crest” somewhere on them at all times in the movie.
* In the book, Bella does not have a cell phone
* Emmett’s Jeep is white in the movie. In the book, it’s red.
* Waylon Forge is a new character that is Charlie’s friend. Victoria and James kill him.
* Angela goes to Prom with Eric.
* In the movie, Prom is held in a B&B called View Point Inn instead of the high-school gym.
* In the movie, you see Phil in Arizona before Bella leaves.
* Charlie’s house in Forks has a dishwasher.
* In the Baseball Scene in the movie the Cullens wear jerseys and hats instead of normal clothes.
* The scene in the biology room where they do the blood typing is missing in the movie.
* In the book Twilight, Bella reveals that she knows Edward is a vampire in the car on the way back to Forks from Port Angeles; for the movie this revelation was moved to the meadow.
* New Movie Scene: Phoenix, Arizona, Bella’s house. In the book it starts off with her going to the airport. We get to see Bella’s house in the movie and things happen there. Renee & Phil are packing the car to take her to the airport, Bella unplants a cactus from in front of her home and puts it in a pot. She has the potted cactus in her hands when she enters her room in Forks, but it disappears quickly.
* In the book Twilight, Bella was using a CD Player instead of an iPod.
* In the book, Rosalie drives a red BMW M3, in the movie, she drives a Mercedes.
* In the book, Bella cooks for Charlie every night. In the movie, they go to the diner every night.
* In the movie, when they are in Edward’s room and he says “You really shouldn’t have said that,” they jump out the door. In the book, he pounces on her and lands on the couch
* In the book, Bella finds out about the truck while she is riding in Charlie’s police cruiser and Charlie doesn’t talk about the truck nor that Bella had been saving money to buy a car herself. In the movie, Bella doesn’t see the truck at the house until after Billy and Jacob deliver it.
* In the movie, Edward and Bella’s first kiss is in Bella’s room. In the book, their first kiss is near the meadow.
* In the book, James reveals information about Alice’s past; they make no reference to that in the movie.
* They didn’t mention Jasper’s ability in the movie.
* In the book, Jacob tells Bella all the legends of his tribe and she learns from him that Edward is a vampire; in the movie, Jacob tells her only part of the story and she finds the rest out from a book she buys in Port Angeles; in the Twilight book, Bella never buys a book from the book store in Port Angeles.
* In the book, it is only after another student opens the door that Edward realizes that Bella is standing in behind him in the office on the first day. In the movie Edwards seems to smell her as soon as she enters the room.
* In the book, Emmett,Rosalie, Alice and Jasper attend the prom. In the movie they are not there.
* In the book, Alice helps Bella get ready for the prom. In the movie Bella seems to get ready by herself, as all of her clothes is mismatched and casual-something that would never happen if Alice had helped out.
* In the movie, the Cullen’s house is modern looking that’s black and brown. In the book, its old and white.
* In the book, Bella tells Edward that he dazzles people while they are having dinner in Port Angeles. In the movie she never mentions it.
* In the movie when Bella gets away from Alice and Jasper to meet up with James, she ditches them in the hotel lobby. They never even go to the airport like in the book.
* When Bella sees Jacob at the prom in the movie, he hasn’t grown signifigantly like in the book.
* In the movie there is no mention of Jacob fixing up the Rabbit or when Billy bribes him with auto parts to get him to warn Bella at the prom. Instead, in the movie Jacob is given $20 instead of the car part.
* In the movie Victoria secretly stalks Edward and Bella at the prom.
* The resturant in the movie is not Italian and the scene goes much differently than in the book.
* In the movie, Edward never invites Bella to sit with him at lunch leaving the rest of Bella’s friends jealous.
* In the movie there is no “sadie hawkins” dance, only the prom.
* In the movie, Bella has a new-looking Apple laptop. In the book, she has an old desktop computer.
* In the movie, Bella’s truck is quiet. In the book, it is loud and everyone can hear it.
* In the book, when Edward saves Bella from being crushed by the truck, it’s before school. In the movie, this happens after school.
* In the book, Bella had said she was going to ‘Seattle’. In the movie, she said she was going to ‘Jacksonville’, even though it was still to early for her to know that her mother had moved to Jacksonville permanently.
* In the book, Bella isn’t worried about how old her truck is, and knows it won’t attract attention. In the movie, people make fun of how ancient her truck is.
* In the book, Charlie put chains on Bellas truck tires, and he hadn’t told her about it. In the movie, Charlie put winter tires on the truck instead, and told her before she left for school.
* In the book, Angela isn’t happy about going to the dance with Eric. In the movie, she hopes that he will ask her to the dance.
* In the book, Edward gets Ben to ask Angela to the dance, in the movie, Angela asks Eric.
* In the book, Tyler tells everyone that he is taking Bella to Prom, without her permission. In the movie, there is no mention of this.
* During the hospital scene in the book, Edward says that he will stay with Bella “as long as it is best for her”, this is a crucial part of New Moon. But was not in the movie.
* In the book, Edward takes Bella in to Carlisle’s study and shows her the paintings and tells her about the Volturi and about their pasts. In the movie, this doesn’t happen.
* Alice doesn’t walk in with Jasper and say “We thought you were having Bella for lunch, we wanted to know if you would share?”
* In the movie, there is no hunting trip, therefore Edward doesn’t leave Bella a note telling her to “Be Safe” while he is away like there is in the book.
* In the movie, Bella does not leave her jacket in Jessica’s car, forcing her to wear Edward’s.
* Jessica does not have curly hair in the movie, but in the book, Bella says that she does.
* In the movie, Bella doesn’t dare Edward to eat human food.
* In the book, Edward didn’t know that James and Victoria were together, a crucial point in the next two books with Edward saying that he would’ve known that Victoria would’ve come back if he would’ve known that they were “mates”, whereas in the movie, James and Victoria walk away with James’ arm draped over her shoulder.
* In the book, Bella was afraid of riding on Edward’s back as they ran, whereas in the movie, she appeared excited and not frightened at all.
* Bella and Jacob never sat on what became referred to as their log during the other books when Jacob told Bella the story. They were walking in the movie when he told her.
* In the book, Jacob danced with Bella, with Edward’s consent while telling her what Billy bribed him to say. In the movie, this never occurred.
* In the book, it is stated that Billy is unable to drive. In the movie, this can be clearly seen when Edward is driving away from Bella’s house.
* In the book, Billy and Charlie fought over the Cullens, whereas in the movie, this never happened.
* In the book, Bella and Renee e-mailed one another as a form of communication, this was never mentioned in the movie, although there is a scene where Renee is calling Bella on a payphone.
* In the movie, Edward and Bella never actually say “I love you”, in the book, it is mentioned for the first time after she said it in her sleep and they say it quite a few times after.
* In the movie, they didn’t include the scenes with Jasper and Bella, where he tells her that she is worth fighting for, and Alice tells her that “they who have been with Edward for so long” can see the changes in him, and none of them want to look at him for the next hundred years knowing he lost her.
* In the movie (when Edward takes Bella to his house), all of the Cullens are cooking “Italian food” just for Bella (because they think she is Italian). When when Edward says Bella has already ate, Rosalie breaks a bowl with her bare hands. Nothing remotely close to this happens in the book.
* In the book, Edward has a silver S60R, in the movie, he has a silver C30.
* In the book, Alice is supposed to be short. In the movie, she is almost as tall as Bella, and no more than six inches shorter than Jasper, although he is supposed to be 6′ 2″ and she is supposed to be 4′ 10″.
* In the book, Emmet has curly hair In the movie his hair is straight.
* In the book, Angela has blond hair in the movie she has brown.
* In the book, Alice has black hair in the movie she has brown hair.
* In the book, Charlie has curly hair (that is where Renesmee gets her curly ringlets), in the movie he does not
* In the movie, the meadow scene is completely different from the meadow described scene in the book.
* In the movie, Bella dosen’t faint in Biology class like she does in the book.
* In the movie, the Cullens eat during lunch. In the book, they never eat at all.
* In the movie, there is a field trip where in the book there is no field trip
* In the movie, when Edward and Bella go to the resturaunt, the waitress was some pretty girl who Edward dazzles with his smile. This causes Bella to ask something along the lines of do you just dazzle everyone with your smile. This causes the famous line “Do I dazzle you?” This never happens in the movie.
* In the book it does not show James, Victoria, or Laurent until the baseball scene. In the movie they show them from the very beginning.
* In the book, Bella has lunch, Biology, and then Gym. In the movie, they show her in gym class, then in lunch, and then in Bio.
* In the book, the cabinets in Bella’s kitchen are yellow (her mom painted them yellow to bring ‘sunshine’ to Forks.) In the movie, they are white.
* In the book, Edward has a black leather couch with a golden rug and dark heavy fabric hung on the wall. In the movie, he has a white chaise lounge with white walls.
* In the movie, the waitress is seen taking away a soup cup. Soup was never mentioned in the book.
* The drive and “walk” to the meadow for the first time is not in the movie.
* In the movie Bella arrives at her first day of school while everyone was in the parking lot, in the book she arrived early before everyone else.
* In the movie there’s no mention of the Denali family, this is where Laurant goes to when he leaves after warning them about James in the book.
* In the Book when Bella goes to the Cullen’s house she is wearing a Khaki skirt and a dark blue blouse, but in the movie she is jeans, a green top, and a jacket.
* In the movie Bella brings a cactus with her to Forks, in the book there is no mention of a cactus, but she has one in her hands when she enters her bedroom in Forks with Charlie.
* In the book, the car (Carlisle’s) that Alice, Jasper and Bella leave in to get away from James, is said to have dark tinted windows. In the movie they don’t seem to be tinted at all.
* In the movie when Bella and her friends go to First Beach, there are people surfing, in the book they visit the rock pools, and there is no mention of surfing
* In the movie Rosalie drives a red Mercedes convertible, in the book it is a red BMW M3.
* In the movie James does not mention Alice’s past, therefore screwing themselves into a corner because Victoria cannot provide proper closure like James, the actual hunter could have.
* In the movie, when Carlisle and his family meets James, Victoria, and Laurent, Carlisle just says “This is my family”. In the book, he introduces them one by one by their names
* In the book Edward shot questions at Bella at one point about random things but in the movie this scene is gone.
* In the book, Edward is supposedly taking Bella to Seattle, to get her out of going to the dance (instead he runs through the meadow and shows her why he can’t go out in sunlight). In the movie this never happens and he shows her the day she said he was a vampire, after school.
* In the book, on the way home from dinner in Port Angeles, Edward explains what it’s like to be a vampire. In the movie, she tells him she thinks he’s a vampire one day after school and finds out details in other parts of the movie.
* In the book, Bella is said to be wearing a deep blue, frilly off the shoulder dress to the prom with a stiletto heel with satin ribbon. In the movie, she is wearing a blue, halter-top dress with a sweater, gray leggings and a Converse
* In the movie her father gives her pepper spray which she sprays James with later in the movie. There is no mention of this in the book.
* In the book, on the way to the prom, Bella finds out that Edward is actually taking her to prom. There is no mention of this in the movie and she seems to have known she was going.
* In the book, Bella and Edward have “days” where they each ask about eachother. There is no mention of this in the movie.
* In the movie, Victoria says two lines during the baseball scenes, which Bella hears. But in the book, she doesn’t speak at all. And in Eclipse, Bella talks about how Victoria’s voice surprised her because of how girly and high-pitched it sounded.
* In the book, James called Bella to go to her house in Phoenix, and told her to call the number next to the phone. In the movie, she was told to go straight to the ballet studio.
* In the book, Bella found the ornamental cross in the Cullen’s house ironic and mentions this to Edward. In the movie, she just passed by it, without a comment.
* Bella learned about Carlisle’s history from Edward in the book. They never mentioned it in the movie.
* Edward told Bella that he and Emmett go hunting at the south of Rainier at one point of the book. Bella asks Charlie about the place, but it was not mentioned in the movie.
* In the book, Bella writes a note to Edward saying that James has her mom and she has to try to save her. However, in the movie, she writes no note at all and just goes to the studio.
* In the book, Bella tells Jessica that Edward ‘drives like a maniac’. In the movie, she didn’t seem to mind.
* In the movie, Jasper is seen in the class field trip. He is not supposed to be with Edward and Alice as he poses as a senior, not a junior.
* In the scene where Mike tells Bella that he doesn’t like her being with Edward, she just shrugs it off. In the book, she tells him off for interfeiring.
* In the book, Bella was interrogated by Jessica is she and Edward are secretly dating. In the movie, Jessica didn’t seem to care.
* In the movie, Bella and Edward drive Emmett’s jeep all the way to the clearing where they played baseball. In the book, they ran a few miles to the clearing, with Bella gripping on Edward, causing him to say, “Bella you will be the death of me! I swear you will!!!”
* In the scene where Tyler’s van nearly hits Bella, her truck gets dented. In the book, the car next to her truck gets dented instead.
* Victoria doesn’t talk in the book but in the movie she does
* In the book Alice tells Bella how a person becomes a vampire as Edward doesn’t want her to know but Edward tells her in the movie
* In the movie Edward walks off straight after saving Bella from Tyler’s truck but in the book he stays with her
* In the book, while Edward tells Bella to put her hair down, Alice tells him, “That won’t help, I could smell her across the field.” In the movie, Rosalie says this.
* In the movie, after Edward jumps out of the window, he calls Bella, Spidermonkey. He had never called her spidermonkey in the book.
* In the movie, when Jacob tells Bella of the legends between his tribe and the Cullens’, there is a cut-scene of Edward, Carlisle, Rosalie and Emmett feeding on an animal. In the book it is stated that Esme was turned before Rosalie, meaning that Esme would be there in Emmett’s place.
* In the book after the incident with the van Edward undented the van, but in the film he did this later.
* In the movie Rosalie calls Emmett her ‘Monkey Man’, In the book she doesn’t say that.
* All through the movie there is lots of random small talk which doesn’t happen in the book.
* In the book, Laurent says the line “you brought a snack” in the form of a question, but in the movie, James says the line, but not in the form of a question, suggesting that he is thirsty.
* In the book, Jacob and Billy bring some of Harry’s fish fry for Charlie before the baseball game. In the movie, this doesn’t happen. (Fish is brought over, just they call it fried fish)
* Bella doesn’t sleeptalk in the movie. When Edward says that he enjoys watching her sleep he didn’t say that she talked.
* When in the book Edward tells Bella to distract him from turning his car around, she starts talking about Tyler who told everyone he was taking her to prom. In the movie, she just tells Edward to put on his seatbelt.
* In the movie, Bella wears a scapular-like bracelet and the Cullens wear their Family “Crest”.
* In the book, when Bella tells Charlie she’s going out with Edward, he starts screaming at her. In the movie, he calmly asks, “Isn’t he a little old for you?” He also never mistakenly calls Edward “Edwin”.
* In the book, the weather is supposed to be nice when Bella goes to La Push for the first time. In the move, it is dreary.